Track FX + FX Bus + Parallel Compression

zepsun

I'm slightly confused (or maybe a lot) when it comes to these topics. 

I have 6 vocal tracks each with compression, EQ, reverb, pitch correction, and gate. If I want to parallel compress these and use an FX bus to cut down on plugin use. How do I set it up? 

• Remove stereo out from Individual vocal tracks 
  • Bus each vox track with identical FX, Post fader to Aux1. Aux1 will use Stereo Out. (FX Bus). Unique FX/settings will remain on individual vox tracks. 
  • Bus each vox track Post Fader to Aux 2. Aux 2 will have Stereo Output
  • Bus Aux 2 Post Fader to Aux 3 (Parallel Compression)

Do I have that right?

If I'm reading and interpreting correctly, it sounds like you may not be factoring in the option of setting a channel's output (not a send, but the main output) to a bus. Or at least I'm not seeing an obvious reference to that. Although you can submix using sends, typically you'd just set the output to a bus for that.

Also, sorry if this is too obvious, but are you familiar with track stacks? Summing stacks automatically set up such a routing for you, while also providing foldable track/channel groups as an additional convenience. So that's another option.

That's not a complete answer to your question, but maybe it will help point things in the right direction (or maybe not...).