Logic strange behaviour - software instruments on wrong tracks

danson6
Go to solution Solved by danson6,

Hi all,

I've had very, very strange behaviour on a Logic project today. The project has been exported already but I came back to it as it needs stemming it out, but after opening the project I realised all the channel strips seem to be on incorrect channels (for instance, a channel called strings would have a brass channel strip on it) resulting in the whole thing sounding pretty horrid, as you can imagine.

This issue doesn't appear on previous alternatives of the project, and unfortunately it doesn't seem there is a backup to revert too. The last project save was 2 minutes after I bounced a (perfectly fine) mixdown of the track, so it's almost like Logic went apeshit crazy in those 2 minutes and decided to give me a massive headache?!

Any advice or tips would be appreciated!

Thanks all,

Daniel

• 9 months later...

Just bumping this up.. Have just been stricken by this bug again. Seems to be happening more frequently now..  and it's an absolute nightmare when it happens - literally no way to save the project version!

Anyone else experiencing this horrible thing?! I can't possibly be the only one

27 minutes ago, danson6 said:

Just bumping this up.. Have just been stricken by this bug again. Seems to be happening more frequently now..  and it's an absolute nightmare when it happens - literally no way to save the project version!

Anyone else experiencing this horrible thing?! I can't possibly be the only one

Which Logic version?

OK in that case it’s most probably the Undo bug I linked to above. Of course it won’t fix itself in older Logic versions, so your only option is to update to the newest version if possible.

32 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Undoing auto-created tracks bug linked by polanoid. 

This affected undo for multiple different actions, not only auto-creating tracks. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:38 PM, polanoid said:

OK in that case it’s most probably the Undo bug I linked to above. Of course it won’t fix itself in older Logic versions, so your only option is to update to the newest version if possible.

Thanks @polanoid

I haven't managed to replicate the issue but will move on to using my 10.7.7 version from now on and hopefully this will solve it happening in the future. I've looked at my Timemachine backup and unfortunately I don't think I can salvage this project, so will have to go a few alternatives back and redo some stuff. 

In terms of latest version of Logic - unfortuantely I can't upgrade to that because I'm on an earlier OS which I'm avoiding updating for obvious reasons. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't suppose there's any way to update to an earlier version of Logic? For example 10.7.9 which I should still be able to run on my machines?

Thanks,

Daniel

10 hours ago, danson6 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't suppose there's any way to update to an earlier version of Logic?

You can always update to the latest version your macOS version supports. So iif you’re already using 10.7.7 you can easily update to 10.7.9 via the App Store. At least that’s what I think!? Have you tried?

Edited by polanoid
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, polanoid said:

You can always update to the latest version your macOS version supports. So iif you’re already using 10.7.7 you can easily update to 10.7.9 via the App Store. At least that’s what I think!? Have you tried?

I can't see the option on my app store... am I missing something here?!

When I go to the Logic Pro page the only button I can see is 'open' and at the top it says 'Requires macOS 13.5 or later' (I'm on 12.6.3..)

5 minutes ago, polanoid said:

yes that site says minimum for 10.7.9 is macOS 12

Exactly.. so all 10.7s need OS12 Monterey (which I'm on) and not 13, Venture etc..

(sorry for the typo - meant to say 'not' rather than 'now' in my previous reply!)

So bottom line - if anyone has a version / download link for Logic 10.7.8 or 10.7.9 then a private message would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks all.

Edited by danson6