Insert new patch, keep channel settings

anamorphis
Go to solution Solved by scg,

Hi everyone,

Say I have a synth loaded in an instrument channel strip, with a couple of effects as well. Now, if I want to replace the synth with a specific user patch I saved earlier in the Library, but I wish to keep the effects, is there a way to do so?
I looked around, and found “Patch Merging”, which I thought it would do what I wanted, but so far, I have failed to achieve it 😅

Can someone help by confirming that Patch Merging is what I'm looking for and, if so, how can I do it? Or, if there's another way, please do share it.

Thank you so much!

• Solution

Theoretically, you should be able to do it with patch merging by turning off 'Audio Effects'. I just tried it, and it worked (I was able to load a new patch while preserving the plugin configuration). That said, I feel like maybe I've encountered some odd behavior with patch merging in the past. If it's not working for you, maybe you could describe a simple test case and how it's not working.

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me so quickly. I believe I have figured it out. In order for Patch Merging to work, its window needs to be visible. So, one needs to open the window by clicking Enable Patch Merging, select, or deselect whichever elements you want to leave out, or keep in the merging, and then select the patch from the library. This will replace the current patch with the elements of the new patch that were selected in the window.

A little bit confusing, but this has been another good example of why you should RTFM! 😅

Anyway, thanks for you help!

• Like 2