How do you make all MIDI tracks un-record-enable?

thepianoist
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

If you record enable several MIDI tracks, they used to automatically un-enable when you select a different track that isn't record enabled. I know it sounds confusing but that was how it worked and it was fine as long as you didn't accidentally mis-click.

Now if you record enable a bunch of different tracks, they stay that way permanently unless you go back and click the R button for every single one. Is there a shortcut or button that allows you to un-enable all tracks? I googled it and someone says to hold option but that does nothing.

• Solution

Hi,

2 hours ago, thepianoist said:

Is there a shortcut or button that allows you to un-enable all tracks?

Yes, the command is called “Record Off for all”. Look for it in the Key Commands window, by default it is not assigned to any keys.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 4

Thanks for your question, same here. I have the red record button hidden. Playing then one instrument I often wonder, why 8 instruments playing together. 

To add your question: in which workflow the record enable button gets activated without being me, clicking with a mouse on it?

1 hour ago, Sir Hannes said:

in which workflow the record enable button gets activated without being me, clicking with a mouse on it?

The two primary ideas are that a), like on a tape recorder or a DAW audio track, Rec-enabling a MIDI track should switch to Input, and b) selecting a track activates the Rec button so you can play (and/or record) any MIDI instrument on any MIDI track from a single keyboard just by selecting the track, which is *very* convenient and *very* fast.

Edited by fuzzfilth

Perhaps a related question:

For me lately record enable is stuck on instrument tracks. So even if I move to another track the previous one will still be record enabled.

I couldn't find a pattern yet. I know it happens when working with Live Loops - but it happened on projects that never had Live Loops used before.

Yes, that's exactly my "problem", Wonshu.

I don't know what I am doing "wrong", but after hours of working I need to play via MIDI and suddenly instruments are playing I never selected before.

Edit: no live loops. Normal arrangement.

Edited by Sir Hannes