Black Box plugin

I am so pleased with a new plugin that I wanted to share my experience. I purchased Black Box from Plugin Alliance. It was on sale for $29.99.

Description: "The emulation of sweet tubes and creamy-sounding transformers not only make tracks sound richer and fuller, they also make them sound louder, bigger and punchier at the same peak level."

It did not disappoint. I have tried other plugins to emulate that vintage warm and saturated sound of analog. They always sound like imitations and not the real thing. I would say Black Box does an excellent job. As a test, I applied a mastering preset on the Output 1-2 channel. Wow! Saturation and sparkle. I will be getting a lot of use from this plugin.

Black Box plugin

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 2:50 PM, fisherking said:

where is plugin alliance with ventura & silicon compatibility? it's been 2 1/2 years since the M1 macs dropped...

They’ve been M1 compatible for a long time and work fine on Monterey. 

It’s been seven months since Ventura dropped. 

still a Long Time, but literally 1/4 of the timeframe you claim. 

On 5/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, analogika said:

They’ve been M1 compatible for a long time and work fine on Monterey. 

It’s been seven months since Ventura dropped. 

still a Long Time, but literally 1/4 of the timeframe you claim. 

Thanks for mentioning that!  I was just searching posts on "Ventura" b/c seeing as LPX 7.8 just dropped, I began to wonder whether it's time to consider updating the OS to Ventura?  But as you say, analogika, everything is running nice on Monterey, including plugs.

My M1 is pretty much dedicated to music production generally, and Logic Pro specifically (though I still have internet connected, and using Safari as my browser--not a fan, just wanted a native install for LPX).  Can anyone give me a good reason why I should upgrade to Ventura?  Near as I can tell LPX 7.8 is perfectly compatible with Monterey.  

So...upgrade to LPX 7.8 and worry about Ventura later?

• 4 weeks later...

You have to remember with Brainworx and Plugin Alliance is they were bought out a while ago.  They were going to be trading under the Sounds Wide moniker, but they recently decided against that and will soon be trading as Native Instruments, along with iZotope.

They may even have to be changing their software too using another framework as opposed to using JUCE.  All that, and their flooding event has put them behind and on the timeline I imagine.

On 5/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, fr3Q said:

Thanks for mentioning that!  I was just searching posts on "Ventura" b/c seeing as LPX 7.8 just dropped, I began to wonder whether it's time to consider updating the OS to Ventura?  But as you say, analogika, everything is running nice on Monterey, including plugs.

My M1 is pretty much dedicated to music production generally, and Logic Pro specifically (though I still have internet connected, and using Safari as my browser--not a fan, just wanted a native install for LPX).  Can anyone give me a good reason why I should upgrade to Ventura?  Near as I can tell LPX 7.8 is perfectly compatible with Monterey.  

So...upgrade to LPX 7.8 and worry about Ventura later?

Yeah, I am holding out before upgrading to Ventura. It seems too early and compatible plugins and such are still catching up. It seems whenever I upgrade there are at least one or two Logic Pro-related issues become a problem. After my last upgrade the audio interface would not work. I'm beginning to think it may better to always stay one OS upgrade behind; by the time everything is working Apple releases the next version.