How to dismiss already read notifications from bell icon on logicprohelp site

Hello, I'm a new member and cannot figure out how to dismiss notifications (from the bell icon) that I have already read. There is no Help option on this site and I didn't see a way to do it in Notification Settings. Do the notifications go away after a specific period of time? Otherwise, I could imagine the list growing very large when you only want to see the most recent ones. Would be nice if you could specify how long they remain, or if you could swipe or click to delete after reading.

37 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

Otherwise, I could imagine the list growing very large when you only want to see the most recent ones. Would be nice if you could specify how long they remain, or if you could swipe or click to delete after reading.

The list seems to be limited to the most recent 25 items.

55 minutes ago, des99 said:

The list seems to be limited to the most recent 25 items.

In the pop-up menu yes, but then you can click "View all notifications" at the bottom to see the entire list of notifications you've had since the beginning of times... or at least since May 2022. 😄 

So I had another look and I don't think notifications are meant to be deleted. Notifications that were read have a different color shade than new ones, that's the only way to know which ones you've read and which ones you haven't. 

12 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

In the pop-up menu yes, but then you can click "View all notifications" at the bottom to see the entire list of notifications you've had since the beginning of times... or at least since May 2022. 😄 

So I had another look and I don't think notifications are meant to be deleted. Notifications that were read have a different color shade than new ones, that's the only way to know which ones you've read and which ones you haven't. 

Hmm . . . I'm not seeing a different color shade for new vs. read notifications.

21 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

Hmm . . . I'm not seeing a different color shade for new vs. read notifications.

It's rather subtle. Unread notifications have a white background while the ones you've already read have a light blue shaded background. So for example if the bell has a little "3" number, then you should see the first 3 notifications with a white background. 

9 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

It's rather subtle. Unread notifications have a white background while the ones you've already read have a light blue shaded background. So for example if the bell has a little "3" number, then you should see the first 3 notifications with a white background. 

I haven't noticed that color distinction on my MacBook. I'll look more carefully next time a notification comes in. Unfortunately Notification Settings doesn't give you much control (it's either turn on or off the various types of notifications). I see the value of using the list of notifications as an index of topics you've been interested in. But it would be nice to at least be able to archive (keep and hide) them.

1 hour ago, David Nahmani said:

Here's a screenshot of the difference. in shade: 

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 10.27.34 AM.png

I see what you mean by "subtle" (it's barely noticeable), and even if I would've noticed, I'm not sure I would have intuitively known it meant read vs. non-read. I suppose that some distinction is better than none. It sure would be nice, though, to be able to archive or delete notifications once read (to avoid a giant, unfocused list). Thank you David, I'll have to remember this shading tip.

13 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

I see what you mean by "subtle" (it's barely noticeable), and even if I would've noticed, I'm not sure I would have intuitively known it meant read vs. non-read.

I completely agree. I'll mention it to the developers. 

13 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

It sure would be nice, though, to be able to archive or delete notifications once read (to avoid a giant, unfocused list).

It's a good idea, I'll mention it too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Ok I just changed the color, it should be a bit more obvious now. 

How did you change the color? You mean for the entire site or just for your view? By the way, I noticed that when a new notification comes in, it is in bold text, but as soon as you expand the list by clicking View all notifications, the bold text becomes regular text.

2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

How did you change the color? You mean for the entire site or just for your view? By the way, I noticed that when a new notification comes in, it is in bold text, but as soon as you expand the list by clicking View all notifications, the bold text becomes regular text.

I changed the color for everyone. Now the older notifications have a light gray background whereas the unread ones have a white background. It's much easier to distinguish them. 

Yes when you View all notifications, you're now seeing a list of topics just like you'd view the list of topics in a forum: only notifications for items you have not yet read are bold. 

7 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I changed the color for everyone. Now the older notifications have a light gray background whereas the unread ones have a white background. It's much easier to distinguish them. 

Yes when you View all notifications, you're now seeing a list of topics just like you'd view the list of topics in a forum: only notifications for items you have not yet read are bold. 

Once you expand the list by clicking View all notifications, all notifications have a white background. But yes, in the initial/limited list from the bell icon, your color change makes it easier to differentiate (with white for unread notifications and light gray for read notifications). Thanks!

• Like 1