Alternatives to Creationauts' LP Colorizer "Color Tracks"?

catsongs
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Aloha from Honolulu,

Curious if anyone knows of an alternative to Creationauts' LP Colorizer "Color Tracks" to color the mixer channels in the Logic Pro mixer all Pro Tools (and other DAWs)?

See attached.

Fabulous idea, just a little dear. (I could buy a couple of plugins for the price of the LP Colorizer!)

How hard would if be for the folks at Apple to add this to LP?

Mahalo!

Cat

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 5.31.31 PM.jpg

I don’t know an alternative. My two cents though. I thought I wanted it for the color tracks. In the arrangement view the colored tracks can get hard to spot in a sea of the same colored tracks compared to default. The contrast is really weird. This is why I turned it off. I just use it for a slightly darker logic base ui now. 

Mahalo for your thoughts!

I use the LP colors to my advantage, where I can.

That said, I like what I see of Pro Tools' and other mixers with colored channel strips.

Appreciate your experience with "Color Tracks"!

Going for those plugins now, for the same price...  : )

9 hours ago, Q420 said:

I don’t know an alternative. My two cents though. I thought I wanted it for the color tracks. In the arrangement view the colored tracks can get hard to spot in a sea of the same colored tracks compared to default. The contrast is really weird. This is why I turned it off. I just use it for a slightly darker logic base ui now. 

Hi,

I am not sure I got your point, but you can also control the opacity of the colour you set for the track so it blends with the dark background and become less contrasting. 

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 10.17.35 AM.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

I believe there's no alternative to what Arnaud from @Creationauts has produced with Logic Pro Colorizer. As far as I know that's still the best there is for the purpose of customizing the Logic Pro GUI. 

And the Colorizer V.3 will come out this summer renamed "LP Colorizer".

Will fixed one of the major pain point: the difficulty finding the element you want to edit and identifying elements from the table. 

We added custom buttons styles.

...we are excited to release it!

to all of the logic pro help community who support us and use the software....thank you so much!!

49 minutes ago, Creationauts said:

Hi,

I am not sure I got your point, but you can also control the opacity of the colour you set for the track so it blends with the dark background and become less contrasting. 

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 10.17.35 AM.png

I appreciate the reply. This helped a lot. User error. Don't have time to fine tune it rn just want to make music but when im bored later I may try mixing that with the normal and selected track colors on the arrange and mixer bc i still think on this quick fix it contrasts rather weird. I guess my question is why when its set to white is it contrasting with a seemingly default logic grey background? is it one of those cases where the absence of color makes it so the original ui element remains? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, catsongs said:

Aloha Creationauts,

Well, you've sold me!

Do you have  release date for the new LP Colorizer?

Don't want to purchase 2 only to have 3 come out 4 days later!

: )

Mahalo!

Cat

+1! I'm also interested but may hold off if the UI is being overhauled or v3 is imminent.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to follow up with @StudioQ1 ask, if you wish to have only the selected or unselected track coloured , just set the opacity to 0 with the use track colored enabled on the track you wish the color to be absent. It will revel the original background color. Use track color is actually a coloured layer sitting on top of the channel strip background.

Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 4.27.29 PM.png

Edited by Creationauts
  • Like 2

I noticed it says "Fex Mode" in the track inspector... 🙂 What's also strange is that the plugin names aren't visible in inspector ? 

EDIT I see now that we're looking at the Colorizer, not Logic, which could explain the looks of the plugins (?) And I guess the "Fex" bug won't be too hard to implement a fix for... 😄 

Edited by JakobP
  • Wow! 1

On 12/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, JakobP said:

I noticed it says "Fex Mode" in the track inspector... 🙂 What's also strange is that the plugin names aren't visible in inspector ? 

EDIT I see now that we're looking at the Colorizer, not Logic, which could explain the looks of the plugins (?) And I guess the "Fex" bug won't be too hard to implement a fix for... 😄 

For the inspector we only put plugins displaying the icons (hovering) but you are right it is missing a plugin insert displaying the label. We will add that in the next update, and also fix the typo for "fex mode" ^^

• Like 1