EXS24 Sampler Instrument from multiple mics, every 4th hit is muted/cut.

luca9583
Go to solution Solved by luca9583,

Hi all

I've made a multi output Sampler Instrument in EXS24 on Logic 9 for a kick drum. All Zones are triggered by C1.

I've got 5 mics (3 mono mics and 2 stereo mics), and 5 samples per mic.

Zones 1-5 are the 5 samples of the 1st mic. Zones 6-10 are the 5 samples of the 2nd mic etc etc.

Sample 1 of each mic is grouped to Group 1. Sample 2 of each mic is grouped to Group 2 etc etc.

Round Robbin is set up so that Group 1 triggers Group 2, and Group 2 triggers Group 3 etc. Total of 5 groups.

Each mic goes to it's own output from the EXS24 so that each mic can go to it's own bus.

The groups move correctly from 1-5 and so on, but the issue i've got is that on every 4th hit, the first 4 mics get muted/cut off and only the

5th mic is audible. So if you picture a cycle of groups/hits on the C1 key, I get 1,2,3, mute, 5,1,2 ,mute, 4, 5, 1, mute, 3,4,5 mute, 2,3,4, mute.

I'm sure i must have set something wrong somewhere but i'm not sure why it's behaving this way.

If i remove 1 shot for all the samples, the issue goes away, but if i then use a sustain pedal or adjust release to be long, the problem comes back.

Strange that only the 5th mic never gets muted.

Edited by luca9583

• luca9583 changed the title to EXS24 Sampler Instrument made from multiple mics (5 samples per mic for round robbin), but every 4th hit is muted/cut on the 1st 4 mics. Any thoughts?
  • David Nahmani changed the title to EXS24 Sampler Instrument from multiple mics, every 4th hit is muted/cut.