Downgrading OS, will I lose Logic?

RobBule
Go to solution Solved by des99,

Hi all,

I foolishly didn't have automatic updates switched off on my macbook pro, and was away from music for a while, it updated the OS, twice, to Big Sur and my Akai EIE Pro is no longer supported, if I regress to high sierra with a bootable drive, am I at any risk of losing Logic?

• Solution

If you do a clean install of the OS, you will wipe any files you have on that drive, and you'll just have the OS, no other apps or data.

But as you have purchased Logic, you can always re-download it from the App Store if you want to reinstall it, just as with any App Store app (assuming you're talking about Logic 10.)

On 5/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, des99 said:

If you do a clean install of the OS, you will wipe any files you have on that drive, and you'll just have the OS, no other apps or data.

But as you have purchased Logic, you can always re-download it from the App Store if you want to reinstall it, just as with any App Store app (assuming you're talking about Logic 10.)

Thanks mate 👍

• Like 1

Yes, I have discovered this, after 4 hours on chat with Apple, my device has no support over 10, and logic will no longer run on anything less than 11.5, so I need to buy a new amp, it was all working sweetly until the last OS upgrade, bummer