How do you quickly reset the cycle?

I.M. Groot
Go to solution Solved by polanoid,

Apologies for the basic question, but can someone kindly tell me how to quickly reset the cycle?

My default setting for the cycle is the length of the song, from beginning to end. I loop the song, listening to it over and over, and occasionally I hear something I want to work on. At that point I shorten the cycle so that it loops just the portion of the song that I want to focus on, and when I'm done with that, I would like to be able to reset the cycle to its default setting with a single click, rather than manually stretching it back across the whole song again.

Again, I know this must have a very simple solution, but I've searched for the answer here and not found it yet -- so thanks for indulging me! 

Aha: that looks like a one-keystroke solution. Can't beat that! Thanks for your help guys.

7 hours ago, polanoid said:

Alternatively, if (and that's a big "if" of course) you are not using markers yet, you can create one marker over the whole song length and use the Set Locators By Marker And Enable Cycle key command (no need to even select the marker). 

Where is the Set Locators By Marker And Enable Cycle command?

I'm not seeing it in the drop-down list when I right-click on the cycle.

"Key command" - a command that you can assign to a keyboard shortcut, not a menu entry. You search for, and assign them in the key commands window.

I use "Set Rounded Locators and Cycle play" a lot - select your object (a single region, or a selection), and hit the key command (I have this assigned to "F1"), and the locators are set to the length of the selection, cycle is engaged, and playback starts....

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, I.M. Groot said:

Where is the Set Locators By Marker And Enable Cycle command?

Choose Logic Pro > Key Commands > Edit Assignments and in the search field, type "set locators by marker" and you'll find it. Now select it, click "Learn by Key Label" and enter your favorite key combo to assign it. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 8.21.49 PM.png

• Like 2