how to bounce midi tracks to audio, while keeping all the plugins, automations, and bus sends from the original midi track?

ni guang xin
Go to solution Solved by Sedorikku,

i wish to mix with audio files, but i also want all the plugins and settings from the original midi tracks to be there, i tried "bypass plugin effect" but after bouncing and replace, logic deletes all my plugin inserts, i can theoretically

1. turn off all the plugins, automations, bus sends on the original midi tracks

2. bounce to new audio tracks

3. then drag all the plugins, automations, and bus sends from the original midi track, to the new audio track

but that would take too much time, is there a better way to do this?

• Solution

Hi ni gang xin,

Normally if you right click on your midi file and choose "Bounce in place", and you tick "bypass effects" in the bounce in place menu, it will bounce your midi as an audio file, without your effects processed, but they will be present on the created audio track, with the setting that they have on the midi track.

As you can see on the picture, the first audio track, I did bounced with bypass effects, so it bounced the played midi with no processing and copied the effects with their own setting.

Then I bounced a second time, but did not bypass the effects. So the audio had been processed, but the effects not copied.

It proceed the same with send, it keeps your sends and setting if you bypass the effects in the bounce in place menu.

Hope it answered to your question!

Cheers

Capture d’écran 2023-05-25 à 13.36.40.png

Capture d’écran 2023-05-25 à 13.39.18.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 12:43 PM, Sedorikku said:

Hi ni gang xin,

Normally if you right click on your midi file and choose "Bounce in place"

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! sorry for the super-late reply! for some reason, i didn't noticed your answer in my notification!!!

YOUR ANSWER SOLVED MY QUESTION!!! : )

• Like 1