Metronome disappearing

bashert

I am having a problem with my metronome disappearing. The track disappeared altogether so I created a new one with the klopfgeist plugin. It is still not working except in a couple of random bars where I can hear it very very faintly. 

I have been into metronome settings and everything looks fine except the tone slider which is set to nothing. I try turning it up and nothing happens and every time I open the metronome settings again I find it's turned itself down.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks 

Hello bashert and welcome to Logic Pro Help ! 🙂 

Sorry to hear about your metronome issue. Unfortunately, you're not the first one to have this issue, this happens especially with projects that were started in earlier Logic versions as the metronome channel strip was handled a little bit differently back then. 

Here's a quick workaround to fix this issue: 

1. Create a software instrument channel strip and insert Klopfgeist. Name the channel strip "Click".
  2. Press Command-0 to open the MIDI Environment.
  3. In the Layer pop-up menu at the top left, choose Click & Ports. 
  4. Option-click the triangle at the output of the MIDI Click object and choose Mixer > Software Instrument > Click. 

• David Nahmani changed the title to Metronome disappearing
  • 3 months later...

having done this on an old file, I hear the klopgiest and the ultrabeat that I'm using in place of the klopgiest. Both are responding to changes in the metronome settings. There is no klopgiest connected to any instrument I can find in the environment or mixer window.