SMPTE Time Lock issue

ragingcortez

I wanted to change my project tempo from 120 to 128 and maintain the position of the audio regions. I'm pretty sure I've successfully done it before but I had to look it up and my understanding is you have to open the secondary ruler, SMPTE lock the regions, then change the tempo. However this is not working for me. Even if I unlock the regions and drag them so they start on the right beat, they get off track almost immediately. Any clue what I am doing wrong or missing here?

5 hours ago, ragingcortez said:

my understanding is you have to open the secondary ruler, SMPTE lock the regions, then change the tempo.

No, do not SMPTE lock your regions (and no need to change the ruler either). Your regions need to remain at the same bar/beat positions after you change your tempo, which means they should not be locked to SMPTE. 

Just do this: 

1. Press Command-F to display Flex View. 
  2. Click the Flex On/Off button for each one of your audio tracks. 
  3. Change the project tempo. 

5 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

No, do not SMPTE lock your regions (and no need to change the ruler either). Your regions need to remain at the same bar/beat positions after you change your tempo, which means they should not be locked to SMPTE. 

Just do this: 

1. Press Command-F to display Flex View. 
  2. Click the Flex On/Off button for each one of your audio tracks. 
  3. Change the project tempo. 

yesssssssss

Thank you!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ragingcortez said:

actually, one slight issue is that any flex editing I did is of course now gone and I can't bring it back without displacing the regions in the new tempo.....

Changing the project tempo should not affect any of your Flex editing, so I'm not sure why it's gone in your case? 

5 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

Changing the project tempo should not affect any of your Flex editing, so I'm not sure why it's gone in your case? 

I did this step:

Click the Flex On/Off button for each one of your audio tracks.

With Flex OFF ,regions remain in the correct relative spot, timing is correct but editing is gone

With Flex ON, it is all messed up and out of sync. These are mostly vocals and it gets sped up basically, when Flex is on and the tempo has been increased