"Delete and Move" Commando makes Logic crash

Ricky D

Hello!
I'm trying to help my wife who's doing a professional podcast. Whenever she uses the commando "D" or "Delete and Move" from a region, Logic crashes with a massive failure report that's jibberish to me. Can anyone understand the problem? She has a brand new MacBook Pro M2 16GB Ventura 13.4 and the latest version of Logic (10.7.8).

Can anyone help? It's pretty urgent because she has deadlines and this is an important job and the Delete and Move-funtion is critical.

All the Best/Rick

This is the beginning of the report:

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               Logic Pro X [9953]
Path:                  /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic Pro X
Identifier:            com.apple.logic10
Version:               10.7.8 (5817)
Build Info:            MALogic-5817000000000000~2 (1A60)
App Item ID:           634148309
App External ID:       854695497
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2023-06-01 13:34:07.8310 +0200
OS Version:            macOS 13.4 (22F66)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        11714850-1C53-0CA8-3908-48318C764FA3

Sleep/Wake UUID:       8430EBB8-ACFA-4EF0-803A-04F3C379B459

Time Awake Since Boot: 38000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       6565 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11
Terminating Process:   exc handler [9953]

You may already know this, but pretty much any Apple crash report is going to look massive and like gibberish, and unfortunately will be of little use to anyone but the developers (those with some software development experience might be able to get something out of it, but even then it's unlikely you're actually going to find a solution there, I think). If it gives you an opportunity to send the crash report, which it usually does, you might do that, as there's a chance it might be useful to the developers.

I tried the command with an Apple loop, and it worked fine. Some things you could do:

- Make a screen recording of it happening so we can see exactly what actions lead to the crash.

- See if it happens in every project or just one project, and with every region or just some regions.

- If you can isolate the behavior, post a project here for us to take a look at.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:55 AM, polanoid said:

Do you still have the project in which it crashes (and can you post it here)? Or the crash log? I'm pretty sure that Delete And Move does not depend on the audio file itself (because audio regions are only references to parts of that file, they will even keep existing - albeit silent, of course - when you remove the actual file from the disk).

4 hours ago, scg said:

You may already know this, but pretty much any Apple crash report is going to look massive and like gibberish, and unfortunately will be of little use to anyone but the developers (those with some software development experience might be able to get something out of it, but even then it's unlikely you're actually going to find a solution there, I think). If it gives you an opportunity to send the crash report, which it usually does, you might do that, as there's a chance it might be useful to the developers.

I tried the command with an Apple loop, and it worked fine. Some things you could do:

- Make a screen recording of it happening so we can see exactly what actions lead to the crash.

- See if it happens in every project or just one project, and with every region or just some regions.

- If you can isolate the behavior, post a project here for us to take a look at.

Looks like it was unique to that particular project. I will be editing again today, and I'll report back if the problem reemerges. Thanks very much for your assistance in troubleshooting.