Quick Sampler crashes Logic?

Jordn

I haven't seen that behavior. If it's recurring, some troubleshooting questions:

- Importing in 'Original' or 'Optimized' mode? Or both?

- All samples, or just some samples?

- If just some samples, can you identify any characteristics that cause it? (Mono/stereo, sample rate, etc.)

- Where are the samples being dragged from?

- Can it be reproduced reliably? Or is it random?

- What's the crash behavior? Freeze? Or quitting with an Apple crash report?

Hi all, sorry for the late response.

@scg 

- Using Original Sampler (I'll try the Optimized moving forward and see if it causes the same issue)

- I've only used a few samples from the same sources and it's hit or miss

- Dragging the samples from my external drive I use only for mixing

- It seems random.

- project closes with an Apple report

@David Nahmani

The latest crashes came from this site, one of which a pro-engineer buddy of mine uses for dry drum samples: https://www.circlesdrumsamples.com/dead. The sample rate for these samples is 44.1, while my project is 48.

@polanoid I didn't save the crash reports, but most likely wouldn't know how to read them. I tried dragging a sample in again as a test, and also clicking on Quick Sampler in the inspector, with no problem. Logic must be in a good mood today. If I get the issue again I will save the report and post it in this thread.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 11:51 PM, Jordn said:

Thanks for taking the time to take a look. Let me know what you think

This looks like it's crashing using ML while trying to determine the pitch of the sample. I see you're running under Rosetta - try running Natively.

• Like 1

Ventura, due to the M2 Pro, is causing issues. Not only are PA plugins crashing, but there are also unidentified crashes in large projects with numerous third-party plugins. I have chosen to stick with Rosetta mode because it is more stable than native mode with the window above.

There is another thread about crashing flex pitch, it seems the second big issue.

Edited by root_sashok

3 minutes ago, root_sashok said:

...there are also unidentified crashes in large projects with numerous third-party plugins. I have chosen to stick with Rosetta mode because it is more stable than native mode with the window above.

I think there was a long thread on this particular topic recently. I also ran into this problem and was never able to narrow it down to a particular third-party plugin, so I've been using Rosetta for the time being.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, des99 said:

This looks like it's crashing using ML while trying to determine the pitch of the sample. I see you're running under Rosetta - try running Natively.

Won't this affect other plug-ins that depend on Rosetta?