10.7.8 Paste at Original Position Broken

GoodBear
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I have read other threads and it seems that, for me, paste at original position is almost completely broken in logic 10.7.8. I don't know exactly when it broke. I've tested this with my large composing template as well as completely empty projects, and the behavior is the same. 

Pasting notes "at original position" is offset by however far away the region is from bar 1. If my region is at bar 3, and the note is at bar 4 (one measure into the region), "paste at original position" drops the note at bar 2 of the selected track or region. This means that if a region starts at bar 1, the bug is not there. Watch the attached video to see how it's working. It's worth mentioning that the command works totally fine when I'm copying and pasting regions within the arrange window, but when I try to do this in the piano roll, all hell breaks loose. 

The other bug I'm getting is that when I do this command within a region that is track stacked, that region disappears when the track stack is closed. No real rhyme or reason for that... when the track stack is open, you can see the region, no problem. When the track stack is closed, it just appears to be an empty track stack. Then I'll press command z a few times to undo all the shenanigans, and THAT will snap the region I pasted to out of its original position by however many bars the off-note was pasted by. Then I have to manually drag that region back into place. Undoing causes the problem, and can't solve it. 

I'm sure this is a bug, and I've gone through Logic's "If Logic Pro isn't working" checklist. Curious if anyone here has thoughts about how to fix this! Unorthodox solutions welcome. Paste in original location has been a pretty integral part of my workflow, so anything's welcome!  

• 1 month later...