Deleting Unused Audio?

Gareth Williams79
Go to solution Solved by wonshu,

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

When I see that message here, it means that I'm attempting to delete an audio file that is used (there is at least one region referring to that audio file in my Tracks area). 

That's what I assume too just by reading it, but I get a different message when I do that here. How do you trigger that specific message?

J.

Just now, Jordi Torres said:

How do you trigger that specific message?

Create a new empty project, record an audio region, save, close, reopen, now from the Project File browser, select the audio file and choose Audio File > Delete File(s), then confirm the following alert by clicking "Delete", then you see that message.  

• Like 1

OMG! I didn't know I asked exactly the same question in 2016! 😳 Yes, I am using the same version but I'm about to upgrade my comptuer and get the new version. That's why I'm getting rid of any unused audio to make it quicker to bring all my files across. If the audio is unused I don't know why there is an associated region in the tracks. Anyway, it's not a big deal. I'll see if I can figure it out!

• Like 1