Mono to Stereo Issue on 10.7.8

orangefridge

Hi all,

I've got an issue with mono-> stereo tracks since upgrading my system.

Previously with projects made on my previous system iMac Late 2015/Catalina/Logic 10.5.1 when I inserted a mono-> stereo plgun the output of the channel would be in stereo and work as intended. For example using an ADT plugin on a mono vocal would output the stereo ADT.

I've had to go back and open some projects for a client to rebounce some mixes and with 10.7.8 all the tracks I have with the mono->stereo plugins out put mono. I can fix it by changing the input of the track to stereo (for ex Input 1+2 instead of Input 1) but I have hundreds of projects that I'd now need to manually go through every track to make sure I've changed the inputs. It gets even more complicated if I've frozen the track and don't have the plugins anymore.

Is there a setting within logic to fix this or a bug on the new versions?

Thanks!

Can you show a screenshot of that track with audio playing through it? (So we can see the plugin stack, and the mixer meters).

Are the meters in the mixer stereo (two channels) or mono (single channel meter)? Do you have plugins after you force inserted a stereo plugin onto a mono track? What format are they?

Thanks for the replies Des99 + David.

I've made a short video here: https://capture.dropbox.com/9jr6AnJfFGn0FEkB

It seems Logic's plugins work as intended but the ADT isn't working properly (it's an older plugin not on Silicon Native).

Weirdly though if I trigger the stereo track and move it back to mono it keeps working. Really strange bug..

6 minutes ago, orangefridge said:

I've made a short video here

When you insert the ADT as a Mono -> Stereo plugin, you can see Logic's meter on that track changes from mono to stereo, as expected. So everything is working in that regard. Perhaps this is a bug with the plugin...

8 minutes ago, des99 said:

When you insert the ADT as a Mono -> Stereo plugin, you can see Logic's meter on that track changes from mono to stereo, as expected. So everything is working in that regard. Perhaps this is a bug with the plugin...

The channelstrip changed but it doesn't playback in stereo until I switch the channel input. You can hear on the video it doesn't work till I switch to stereo. What's strange is it continues to work when I switch it back to mono. 😵‍💫

1 minute ago, David Nahmani said:

You're right we can hear that on the video. I would contact Waves tech support and ask them if they're aware of this issue. 

Appreciate the time, David!

It's actually a free ADT plugin by Vacuumsound. Looks destined to never be updated. Unfortunately it's on almost ALL of my projects over the last few years 😭

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, orangefridge said:

The channelstrip changed but it doesn't playback in stereo until I switch the channel input. You can hear on the video it doesn't work till I switch to stereo

Yes, I know. I'm suggesting that whatever bug is causing this is much more likely a bug in the plugin, than a bug in Logic, which looks to be behaving normally, including with other plugins that aren't that one...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, orangefridge said:

Appreciate the time, David!

It's actually a free ADT plugin by Vacuumsound. Looks destined to never be updated. Unfortunately it's on almost ALL of my projects over the last few years 😭

i use the waves ADT plugin... a lot. currently (10.7.8 on ventura beta), it takes a second to load when i add it to a channel strip; but it works. worth checking out.

• Like 1