Thoughts after trial period?

As most of our “Logic Pro for iPad” trial periods are soon ending, or even ended, depending on whether you grabbed it on the day of release or not, I’m just wondering: are people continuing with a monthly or yearly subscription? Why or why not?

Interested to hear about people’s thoughts and experiences! 🧐😊

Edited by amnestic
  • Like 1

I went for a year because I'll use it for at least that long, and because it costs £49 here in the UK and there are 52 weeks in a year, so it's costing me less than £1 a week.

Also, I think there could be at least a couple of feature-heavy updates in that next year and possibly more.

• Like 1

I canceled my year sub before the month was through (yesterday). Fun to mess with, I guess, but see no practical use without a keyboard and an audio interface, neither of which I want to spend money on. Also, this iPad Air only has 64gb storage. So, it's gone, for now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

* I do a lot of sound design work on iPad while in transit. The big things for me are Alchemy presets, Retro custom wavetables, and Space Designer IRs, all of which transfer back and forth between iPad and Mac just fine as long as I save my projects as packages and consolidate all my assets. I can't *edit* the Alchemy sources, and I can't make *new* custom wavetables or Space Designer IRs on iPad, but that's mostly an annoyance and not a showstopper for me right now. The lack of Multimeter and its spectrum analyzer is also a drag. I really hope those features show up soon. I also hope the plugin UIs are improved.

* I've been collecting AUv3 for years, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how many of my favourites turn out to be available on MacOS, too, often without an additional purchase (Nambu, Drambo, NoInputMixer, KQDixie are just a few recent pleasant surprises). This seems to only be happening more and more.

* Finally, and I think most significant for me in particular, AUM with all its power has not been the coherent glue app I've been looking for. It's ridiculously flexible for routing audio and midi hither and yon, but: at the end of the day, LogiPad is *so* much better than the other options I have for organizing everything else together into *finished pieces of music* that I'm completely fine with paying for a year when my trial ends in a few more days.

* PS What’s the one killer feature I wish Apple would add, that imho would completely blow the roof off the iOS audio market? Release a version for iPhone. Everything else on iPhone audio production is so severely limited but it’s in my hands all day and GB for iOS is just terrible. Cmon Apple, figure out how to optimize the UI for a small screen, you guys are the UI experts. Even a fraction of the LogiPad functionality on iPhone would completely change my life. Xmas present maybe? Pretty please?

Edited by grrdjf
  • Like 2