Logic breaks midi inspector when new channel is added

Leandro Gardini
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

I'm having an annoying problem with Logic 10.7.7.
I'm trying to add Vwinds to my template. Everything works as usual when I add the first channel (set to midi out channel 1). Upon adding a second channel via "Add new track with next midi channel" Logic breaks the inspector. See the pic below.
I've googled the problem description but didn't find anything similar. Any idea how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 20.42.35.png

Hi Leandro,

There's definitely something weird going on in your template when creating a new track with next MIDI channel from within that stack. There's a bunch of blank, duplicate instrument 6 channel strips that are created in your MIDI Environment when doing that:

WeirdJunk.thumb.gif.6dca7200156d886be153438946ba19fa.gif

If you leave the MIDI Out Channel parameter set to All on the V Oboe track then nothing weird happens and you can then manually set whichever MIDI channel you like. Unfortunately I don't have time right now to troubleshoot further. It's too nice out to stay indoors 🙂

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres

• Solution

Hi Leandro,

Upon further investigation, I found that your project has A LOT of unused objects in your MIDI Environment:

Screenshot2023-06-25at09_40.41(2).thumb.png.fb457cf24780ef0261d6dafa35a15902.png

I'm not sure how that started happening in your project but I think it's definitely related the behavior you're seeing when creating new tracks with next MIDI channel

It also explains why your project file is so large (almost 133 MB).

Attached is a cleaned up version you can give a try (16.4 MB in size, uncompressed). I tested creating a new track with next MIDI channel and it did not create a bunch of semi-blank channel strips as seen in my previous GIF.

Hope that helps.

J.

Project_clean.logicx.zip

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 4:56 AM, Jordi Torres said:

Hi Leandro,

Upon further investigation, I found that your project has A LOT of unused objects in your MIDI Environment:

Screenshot2023-06-25at09_40.41(2).thumb.png.fb457cf24780ef0261d6dafa35a15902.png

I'm not sure how that started happening in your project but I think it's definitely related the behavior you're seeing when creating new tracks with next MIDI channel

It also explains why your project file is so large (almost 133 MB).

Attached is a cleaned up version you can give a try (16.4 MB in size, uncompressed). I tested creating a new track with next MIDI channel and it did not create a bunch of semi-blank channel strips as seen in my previous GIF.

Hope that helps.

J.

Project_clean.logicx.zip 4.45 MB · 1 download

It is working like a charm now. Thank you a lot!!

• Like 2