playback always starts at cycle even when cycle mode is off?

SoSpiro
Go to solution Solved by SoSpiro,

i just upgraded to logic pro 10.7.8 and have been having this issue where every single time, playback starts at wherever the greyed out (off) cycle bar is.  whether it is on (yellow), or off (grey), playback ALWAYS starts there!  how do i change this? I thought it was a bug, but it happens in every project and even new projects.

i even turned off all of these settings and idk what to do.
ALSO

i made SURE there is no marquee selection ANYWHERE in the arrangement, so it wouldn't affect playback.  i'm genuinely confused and even restarted my computer.  has something changed in the update or what?

ScreenShot2023-06-24at4_03_45PM.thumb.png.10e6e5f2e506fe64518dc9d02bfbe069.png

Edited by SoSpiro

• Solution

So i read a comment saying that this may be the issue when right clicking on the stop button on the transport, and it's permanently checked on "stop and go on left locator".  When i click it to uncheck it, it doesn't uncheck!   It's literally stuck on this option and i don't know how to uncheck it.

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 4.54.52 PM.png

EDIT- i just had to click the "stop" option above the "stop and go to left locator".  

Edited by SoSpiro