Request: Selection-based processing for multiple takes

boneswald

Here's the situation: I have like 80 vocal takes. I want to apply the same EQ to about half of the vocal takes to have them better match the other half of the vocal takes (they were recorded on different mics). I want to do this with selection-based processing so that I can edit one cohesive take together that all sounds the same.

Right now, in 10.7.8, it seems the only way to do this is to manually go through each of the takes one by one with selection-based processing, because for some reason you need to have the take isolated as the highlighted take/comp in the take folder in order to do selection-based processing. I don't understand why when you just selection the region within the take folder, selection-based processing is grayed out. So this means that I can't just select all 40 takes and hit apply. But I could do that if they were regions in separate tracks, so why is that?

In Pro Tools, you can do exactly that so so easily. Open Playlists, select everything you want to process, open AudioSuite (Selection-Based Processing in Pro Tools) and hit one button and it processes everything. 

I am happy to see Selection-Based Processing being implemented in take folders, however I seriously don't understand why the take you want to process has to be the only thing highlighted as the main take or comp, and consequently why we can only process one at once. (Edit: it also doesn't make sense from a workflow point of flow. Because you intuitively scroll down to and double-click on the take region you want to change, but if you do that, it de-selects the main take folder, and so selection-based processing is greyed out. So you then have to scroll all the way back up and select the take folder again for selection-based processing to appear. Why?)

Edited by boneswald
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...