Bluetooth for mixing on buds

Jordn

To clarify: I have no intention of seriously mixing on Bluetooth, but after bouncing, one of my playback systems of choice for checking is the Status Pro 3ANC, an upgrade from their Between Pros. This is because these are the only earbuds I use for listening to music; they are that good! These earbuds have three drivers and an amazing response and are good enough to listen to your mixes back casually on the go. I cannot recommend them enough. I gave my original Between Pros away to an engineer buddy and a guitarist friend, and they were blown away (I had two pairs). With these, you can really study your mix and find flaws. Plus, I'm a big believer that the main playback system for most these days is earbuds. If they don't sound leveled and balanced in my 3ANCs, the mix is not yet there, or I haven't achieved what I was trying to do. I would like to bypass the bouncing process every time and maybe try a little tweaking with them, but by no means would I attempt to mix whole works with them. The lag would not be an issue since I'd only be interested in levels and balance. Plus, I would find it educational to adjust the project to them and then listen through my other delivery systems, the Waves Nx, Steven Slate VSX, and Sonarworks Sound ID reference. I live in a one-bedroom on the second floor of a New York City apartment with my girlfriend, and there is no way I can create a treated room here, so as Dr. McCoy replied when Captain Kirk asked, “My God, Bones, what have I done?” after he destroyed the Enterprise in Star Trek III: “What you had to do. What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance for life.” (Don’t ask  🤷‍♂️).

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to Status Audio 3ANCs; there's a 30-day return policy if you don't like them (I am not affiliated with them): https://www.status.co/products/between-3anc

The original Between Pros, which are also pretty great, are now selling for a lesser price.

• Haha 1

Hey all,

I solved my problem in a very circuitous way! Check it out:

I can use my earbuds by downloading my project to Logic for iPad, but with a caveat. Logic for iPad does not yet support my non-native Logic plug-ins (most of mine are Waves, UAD, Steven Slate, and boutique). No worries, though, as this may be a good thing. Without most of the plug-ins, I can focus solely on levels and balance-- while lying on the couch and having "King of Queens" on in the background-- then recreate the levels to see how they sound on my Mac and my processing. The day my plug-ins are supported will be amazing because you can also rename and reupload the project from the iPad back to the Mac. I hope it happens soon!

@David Nahmani🙂Am I able to mark this as my question solved by myself?