How to remove a movie file from a Logic Pro folder?

Soundhound
Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hi Soundhound,

If you checked the box to copy the movie into your project when saving it, you'll have to manually delete the copies from your project folder (or package if you saved as a package).

From Logic what you can do is to remove the reference to a movie file used in your project:

• Choose File > Movie > Remove Movie (or use the corresponding key command).
  • Open the Movie pop-up menu in the global Movie track header, then choose Remove Movie.

J.

• Like 1

Thanks Jordi. Yes I generally have a copy made in the project folder. I thinking there might be some way to remove the file in some way, since you can clean up/remove unused audio etc. 

But I guess the only way to do it, after removing the reference to it in Logic, is to manually remove it from the project folder. So steampunk! 🙂 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi Soundhound,

3 hours ago, Soundhound said:

I thinking there might be some way to remove the file in some way, since you can clean up/remove unused audio etc.

I see your point but unfortunately that does not apply to movie files.

3 hours ago, Soundhound said:

But I guess the only way to do it, after removing the reference to it in Logic, is to manually remove it from the project folder

Yep, that's the way it is.

You can get to the movie file from within Logic's All Files Browser then Ctrl-click it > Show in Finder and delete, but you probably won't save that much time than going straight to the Finder and deleting the unwanted movie file.

J.