10.7.8 no longer warns about joining non-contiguous regions?

Since updating to 10.7.8, Logic no longer gives me a warning before joining non-contiguous regions - it just goes ahead and does a bounce. This ruins part of my take-comping workflow.

Is this a change in 10.7.8, or could I have accidentally changed a setting somewhere?

Edited by AllTheButtons

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sunbrother said:

Are we sure this is a bug?

I saw it in the release notes as a new default behavior.

I also requested this in a feedback form. That dialog is incredibly redundant.

If this is an intentional change, then that's really disappointing.

Ideally, healing regions and joining non-contiguous regions should be two entirely separate commands, but if they have to share, then there should be at least the option of a warning for those of us who need it in our workflow (it could easily be one of those warnings that gets a "don't show this again" check box).

Or even better, they should separate out Heal Regions into its own key command.

Oh, I think I misremembered it. 

from the 10.8 release notes:

Logic Pro now presents a dialog asking whether to create a new audio file when joining regions with the Join tool.

so you’re using 10.7.8? It sounds like they adjusted the behavior twice.

12 minutes ago, sunbrother said:

Oh, I think I misremembered it. 

from the 10.8 release notes:

Logic Pro now presents a dialog asking whether to create a new audio file when joining regions with the Join tool.

so you’re using 10.7.8? It sounds like they adjusted the behavior twice.

I’m on 10.8.1. I originally had the problem in 10.7.8, then it got fixed (must have been in 10.8.0 judging by the release notes you mentioned). Now it’s back again but worse than before.

Okay, agree to disagree. The current way the dialogue box works is my favorite thus far. I remember not liking all the redundant dialogue boxes when Joining regions, which is why I (and I’m assuming others) wrote to the Logic team about it. Perhaps write in a Feedback form asking for it to be an option.

Edited by sunbrother

7 hours ago, sunbrother said:

Okay, agree to disagree. The current way the dialogue box works is my favorite thus far. I remember not liking all the redundant dialogue boxes when Joining regions, which is why I (and I’m assuming others) wrote to the Logic team about it. Perhaps write in a Feedback form asking for it to be an option.

When you say “the current way the dialogue box works” - I don’t get a dialogue box at all. What are you seeing?