10.7.8 Bug? Auto Assign 24 colors (Settings:Display:Tracks)

GregAinOR

People:  Aiside from the prolific anomalies reported in this software release, let me know if this is working for you. David, you may have some indication if I'm doing something wrong.  This worked for me up until 10.7.8.

Open a new project instance. Create a midi  or audio track, right click the track: track header components: toggle track color bar on.  Go to Settings: Display: Tracks and toggle Track Color to Auto Assign 24 Colors and Region Color to As Track Color.  Create some new tracks in both midi and audio.  On my machine, this works for any new audio region I add to the project, however, in this version, all new midi tracks are standard green without respect to previous settings.  I have a loose color scheme I follow for general parts (drums, bass, synth, etc) and I usually do that manually, since I started using this feature, but it's annoying that it doesn't work for me on new midi tracks any longer.  MBP M1 13", Monterey, LPX 10.7.8.  I haven't had a chance to see if my (last model intel) MacMini in my main studio is doing this also.

Let me know people.  Help on aisle 6....