Looking for vintage hardware synth editors

Hi everyone. I've searched and searched but have a feeling I'm not searching the right way. Apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Is there a correct way to search and find older vintage synth editors for the Logic environment? I'm looking for editors for...

Roland MKS80

Roland JX8p

Oberheim Matrix 1000

Yamaha FS1r

Kawai K5000r

Lexicon PCM81

Also a few newer midi boxes (I presume unlikely to find)...

Disting EX synths

Division Dept 01/IV

RME UCX II

1010 Bluebox

Moog Subharmonicon

I understand that I might have to get my hands dirty with some adjustments or editing but I was hoping to get going with as many templates as I could find to build on.

Thanks all.

Probably best to google for "logic environment for XXX", as a lot of this stuff would have been done a long time ago when environment hackery was rather more popular.

For instance, here's a link for the first one I tried:
https://ranum.dk/roland-mks-80-editor-for-logic-pro-x/

Also, the more complicated boxes - say the FS1R, are unlikely to have decent environment editors because the complexity of doing that would be enormous, and Logic doesn't have good tools for parsing sysex or memory (unlike Sound Diver, it's brother product, which was entirely designed for this) - making environments somewhat limited in what they can do - it's very device dependent.

• Like 2

Thankyou so much for the tips and advice. Yeah, I might be pushing it to find what I want. The first link from David has a PCM80 and K5000s in there. Thankyou.

Re the other link from Des99, sincere thanks for this. But to get the file, I have to join a mailing list with no apparent links, he he.

Seems fishing out these old scripts might prove difficult.

Will give it time to see if others have anything, but I'm grateful for the responses so far, thankyou.

• Like 1

Yeah, like I say, a lot of this will be old and sometimes inaccessible. The Wayback Machine can often help dig out old downloads too. And it's not going to get better now the Environment has officially reached "legacy" status and is now hidden by default in Logic.

There may be other, non-Logic ways of doing this too - eg, Midiquest, or various iOS editors, old versions of Sound Diver if you can run it, and so on, that may or may not be useful for what you want to do.

And you can always get your hands dirty and make your own, too... Good luck! 👍

• Like 2