Logic Pro 10.7 Book - Skills Review - Appendix A ???

Hey David,

Just curious as to what is being downloaded when clicking the Appendix A - Skills Review in the new 10.7 book when the using the Web Edition as launched from my Peachpit account. Whenever I click that section 50 downloads fly into my Downloads folder all with the title 'index'. Are these supposed to be the answers or something? 50 downloads relates to the 50 questions in some way I'm guessing. Is there an answer key available for download anywhere or could you provide one? The questions aren't necessarily difficult for me to answer but for a class I am teaching I'd like to see the official answer key if one exists. Thanks and congrats on another excellent revision. Thanks so much for your work; I love your books and go through them repeatedly.

Dave

Hi Dave, that sounds odd, and not the behavior I would be expecting! The book delivery is an aspect I don't really personally deal with, there are many distributors that sell my book in many different formats and I don't have a grasp on them all, so it's typically best to take it up directly with whoever you purchased the book from. 

Still, I'm curious what version of the book you purchased (what format) and from which distributor? If something is wrong with a specific format I can try to alert my publisher so they can communicate with the distributor, see if there's something to fix. 

For example here when I purchase an ePub from Peachpit, I get a text version of the entire book, that I can read in the Books app on my Mac, and that contains all 50 questions followed by all 50 answers listed as text inside the main document...:

Screen Shot 2023-07-07 at 11.29.34 AM.png

Thanks for the reply David. I had only purchased the Web Edition on Peachpit. Yeah, something is wrong with that Skills Review section. The questions are there but no answers anywhere and when you click that page 50 index.html files download. When you click those index files they are just blank pages. 

Since getting your reply I went ahead and purchased the EPUB Edition and I see what your screenshot showed. I would have addressed this w/Pearson but their customer service is in my experience not even worth investing any energy whatsoever. 

Thanks David. 

2 hours ago, MasonHamlinCC2 said:

when you click that page 50 index.html files download.

That's horrible. I'm not familiar with what the web edition is.

Since getting your reply I went ahead and purchased the EPUB Edition and I see what your screenshot showed.

Ok good to hear that you found a way to make it work but you shouldn't have to purchase another edition for that!!

I would have addressed this w/Pearson but their customer service is in my experience not even worth investing any energy whatsoever. 

That's really too bad and I am really sorry to hear that. I'll contact them and see if they're aware of the issue.