Airpords Pro 2 issue with Logic Pro X

mirflee

Hi all, I recently purchased the Airpods Pro 2 for light mixing on the go but unfortunately, I'm having huge issues with it work with Logic. I can't get any sound out of it although weirdly it worked for like the first few hours of using it.

I've tried setting the Airpods as an Input only with the Output set to none. I've tried setting the Sound in Preferences too with Airpods as its Input and the Output anything else besides the Airpods. Still no luck. Did some Googling and came across someone that messed with their Audio/Midi settings to '2 channel, 32 bit'. Still no sound.

Would love to hear your thoughts and if I'm missing anything. I love how comfortable it is on my ears for those long listening and I just don't want to believe it's only useful for casual listening, which in case would mean I've really wasted money on Apple.

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, mirflee said:

I've tried setting the Airpods as an Input only with the Output set to none. I've tried setting the Sound in Preferences too with Airpods as its Input and the Output anything else besides the Airpods

I am confused as to why you are trying the set your headphones up as an *Input* to Logic?

Leave your Mac's audio outputs set to the default config, and connect your Airpods. Verify that you are receiving audio (eg, you can listen to your Mac's audio - Music/YouTube/etc). If you are not, then the issue you are having using your Airpods is not related to Logic.

Once your Airpods are working, in Logic, set the audio output to "System Setting".

Remember, you'll get extra latency using bluetooth headphones for time critical apps like Logic.

Didn't work. YouTube and Spotify ran smoothly but no sound from Logic, although meters are running.

Anyway, I tried to isolate the issue to see if it's a project thing. All of my projects have the same no sound issue apart from when I open a fresh project.

Could it be the input/output assignments in Logic? Thanks.

Edited by mirflee

I use AirPods Pro 1 and 2 everyday, all day, no problem. The setup is just as Dess99 describes. Set the audio source input/output in LPx to "system" and you should be all set. If not? Try restarting your system. From time to time all this "auto routing stuff can get juked up."...hth.../s~