Key-switched instrument only plays first articulation when articulation set loaded (10.7.8)

Hi - there have been some quirks with articulation sets over the years, but I think there's a new bug (or more aggressive version of an old bug!) in the latest version of Logic (10.7.8).  I don't use articulation sets often enough to be sure how new it is, though, but since I can't find this behaviour mentioned here already, I thought I'd see if it's known/reproducible:

When you have an articulation set loaded to manage a key-switched instrument, it seems to be sending the first articulation's key-switch with every note played (via keyboard/virtual keyboard) whenever the transport is going.  This doesn't affect notes played when playback/recording is stopped, and doesn't affect notes played from a region on the track.  The result is that the instrument's key-switches appears to work when rehearsing, but stop working - by getting stuck on the first articulation - when trying to record. In fact, it is switching articulation correctly when commanded, but Logic tells it to select the first articulation with every note.

The work-around is to change "Articulation Settings" to "Per Channel Strip" (the default, for me, was "Global") under "Logic", "Settings", "MIDI" tab, "General" sub-tab.  These settings appear to be new.  Another work-around, of course, is to remove the articulation set from the track. 🙂