KORG Collection 4 Plugins not validating in AU scan

OFS
Go to solution Solved by OFS,

Hello,

Is anyone having trouble using the KORG Collection 4 plugin synths in Logic?

I recently purchased the latest version and installed the latest version of all included plugins and some of the plugins fail the AU validation in Logic Pro. I've also tried re-scanning and it didn't work.

The following is a list of the plugins that don't work:

- LegacyCell
- M1
- MS-20
- MonoPoly
- Polysix
- Wavestation

The rest of the plugins in KORG Collection 4 work fine. I've tried re-installing the full suite and got the same results.

Can you help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Miguel Barrosa

Logic failed validation.png

"Couldn't be opened" suggests a problem with the installation, either the plugins are not registered, or you've deleted the VST versions etc (which are required for these plugins).

Do they work in other hosts? (eg, the free "Hosting AU")...

Also, try opening Logic in Rosetta, then rescanning the plugins there first, before going back to running Logic natively.

Edited by des99

• Solution

Hey des99, thanks for your help. It got me to solve the problem.

So, the thing is, I have the habit of deleting the VST2 versions of the plugins when the installer doesn’t allow me to choose which formats I want to install. When you suggested the problem is related to the installation I re-installed one of the plugins, kept the VST2 file, and let Logic perform the validation which now worked.

It also started working in Studio One, which showed the KORG plugins with no GUI, even when I dragged the VST3 version.

Admittedly, I should be more careful about deleting the VST2 files, but it never caused me trouble before, and I would never thought that deleting VSTx files could affect the AU versions, since in my mind they were separate code.

I conclude from this, that the AU and VST3 versions of the KORG plugins are nothing more than wrappers for the VST2 version and they don’t even contain the VST2 code inside their files - they require the presence of the VST2 file to run. Interesting stuff…

Anyway, thanks for your help, you got me on the right track!

Edited by OFS
  • Like 2

Yes, this is why I said to check this. Korg's AU's are just wrappers that call the regular VST version, so if you delete those, they don't work. The easy way to check this is the case is to look at the size of the AU version, compared to the VST versions. You'll see the AU is a fraction of the size - a big giveaway.