Setting Recording Delay Value

mikbeats

Hey guys so I've been searching deep into this forum about solving latency in my studio setup. After a bunch of loopback tests I realized LPX was in actually not being reported the correct Round Trip Latency. This was due to my UAD setup and how I had UAD Console setup. Plugins in Console due in fact add latency that varies from plugin to plugin. The best way to compensate is leave your Input Delay Compensation "Off" and to keep in mind the latency values of UAD plugin listed in this chart.

After figuring all that out my Loopback Tests finally made sense. In my RTL chart you can see what LPX reported, my Loopback tests without any UAD plugins, and another set of Loopback tests with a UAD Unison plugin enabled (+55 samples latency) that I'm recording the loopback through. I have my actual RTL figured out as many of you guys preach in many many threads on this forum!

Currently the Rec Delay settings in my chart are based on the difference from what LPX is being reported and my actual RTL w/ UAD unison plugin. I notice that there is a very small difference of 2-3 samples from what LPX is being reported and my actual RTL w/ no UAD plugins. Is it better to set Rec Delay value to LPX reported RTL or actual RTL from my loopback tests? 

44.1khz RTL.pdf 48khz RTL.pdf

• 2 months later...