Why is Relocate Sound Library "greyed-out?"

Myron
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Creating the new user worked. I was able to access the menu as expected. When I logged back into my regular account, things also worked as expected and I was able to access the menu again. Not sure what changed but I am back in business. Thank you

Edited by Myron
  • Like 1

There has to be a better way to handle the Library. Since I have my sounds on an external drive, I am always having to locate, if my drive is not mounted right away. It's annoying to wrestle with this.

I suppose the easiest way is to keep the library on the main HD but I have too many samples to do this.

mood: frustrated☹️

55 minutes ago, Myron said:

I suppose the easiest way is to keep the library on the main HD but I have too many samples to do this.

Unfortunately the Library handling is quite obscure, sometimes buggy, and ultimately not flexible at all. I've been hoping that they're revamping the whole thing for a future Logic release. 

Meanwhile you're right the best way is to keep all the factory Apple Sound Library on your internal drive, and that will avoid many headaches. You can have all your 3rd party samples on an external drive.