Some 3rd party plug-ins not working?

MarkStyles

I have a 2016 mac pro, 16 gig of memory, 12 processors, Montery OS 12.6.7 = Logic Pro 10.7.9.   I can't update past Monteray due to age of computer.  Sometime around updating to Mac OS 12.6.4 and probably Logic 10.7.7  - about 1/6 of my 3rd party plug-ins stopped receiving midi.  Logic MIDI monitor shows MIDI working. Those same plug-ins won't read a MIDI track either..  Some of those 3rd party plugins (all virtual instruments) have a keyboard on the plug-in itself. I can  play those keyboards in the virtual instruments.

Apple Logic pro techs, suggested that I back up Mac OS 2-3 versions.  

Apple would not acknowledge anybody else complaining about this (but I think that's the policty - not to acknowledge complains until they had a handle and an answer of it.

Has any one else had these issues. All of my virtual instruments have been working fine for quite a long time.  In the last few weeks I  bought 2 new virtual instruments.  One worked fine, the other doesn't recognize MIDI at all.

Thanx  - Mark Styles

4 hours ago, MarkStyles said:

Those same plug-ins won't read a MIDI track either..  Some of those 3rd party plugins (all virtual instruments) have a keyboard on the plug-in itself. I can  play those keyboards in the virtual instruments.

Hi Mark,

That right there sounds like a MIDI channel mismatch, like your instruments are set to respond to data on a specific MIDI channel but the data coming in and in your regions is on a different MIDI channel. You can check the MIDI channel the notes in your recorded regions are in in the Event List editor.

If your instruments allow it, you could also set the yo respond to data on any MIDI channel.

J.

• Like 1

Or make sure your master keyboard is transmitting on MIDI channel 1, which is usually the most widely used.

(Some instruments are mono-timbral and don't care about the incoming MIDI channel. Other instruments are multi-timbral, and respond with different instruments according to the MIDI channel. If you're loading a patch in these set to respond to MIDI channel 1, and your keyboard is transmitting on MIDI channel 7, so won't hear anything.)

If you tell us which instruments work, and which don't, I'm willing to bet the ones that don't are multi-timbral instruments, for this reason.

Edited by des99
  • Like 1

one company suggested I try the stand alone virtual instrument.  It was a good idea, it WORKED.  Back to Logic I realize I had the wrong 'midi in port'. Albino 3 stopped working, but I find out it was very old, and discontinued..  I usually never install the stand alone, just AU.  Having the stand alone is a good way to discover if midi not working is a problem with Logic (midi set-up for each track.

Thanks guys. 

• Like 1