Any way to achieve selective band sidechaining with Logic stock plug-ins?

Go to solution Solved by Jordi Torres,

Hello all.

In the attached screenshot, LFO Tool is being used to side chain a bass under 155Hz ONLY. Any way to do similar with Logic stock plug-ins?

I could have sworn that Multipressor had a side chain input, but it doesn't seem to?

Thanks.

Screenshot2023-07-25at18_10_12.thumb.png.063eb4ea6d5ed34d161c0c7efee05ba2.png

21 hours ago, David Nahmani said:

You can do it using the Pedalboard plug-in: 

Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 5.02.53 PM.png

Hi David and thanks for your reply. 

Just having a look at this now. Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but I don't see how I can achieve the same results as LFO Tool with the plug-in? How can I select a frequency for the side chain?

21 hours ago, Jordi Torres said:

Other options:

The Noise Gate plugin in Ducker mode get's you quite close:

Screenshot2023-07-29at17_24_06.png.2ae517b30a2493e3b73f3b5d642e9e4c.png

Otherwise probably the most flexible way, using a Bus (not an Aux) channel strip that you create manually in the MIDI Environment:

Screenshot2023-07-29at17_21_53.thumb.png.eaf94737a4d797605dbcb37bb79e7299.png

J.

Hi Jordi and thanks for your reply.

I couldn't figure out how to use the ducker to side chain at a set frequency? Maybe it isn't possible?

Regarding the aux in the environment, I'm not sure what I'm meant to do with it?

Thanks.

Hi AMD,

Maybe we did not understand what exactly is it that you are doing with LFO Tool that you want to recreate without it in Logic? 

What I understood was that you wanted to filter the side chain input signal, but now seeing that you mentioned the Multipressor, I guess what you're actually looking to do is to compress a specific frequency range only (155Hz and below)? Is that it? 

13 minutes ago, AMD said:

Regarding the aux in the environment

As I mentioned above, It's not an Aux, it's a Bus channel strip. It allows you to process the audio that goes through that bus before it reaches its destination (like for filtering a side chain input signal).

J.

2 minutes ago, Jordi Torres said:

I guess what you're actually looking to do is to compress a specific frequency range only (155Hz and below)? Is that it?

That's it exactly Jordi. So, the LFO Tool is only affecting frequencies below 155Hz in my example above.

Do you think it can be done with your environment bus suggestion?