"Waiting On The Radio" video/single/thing

grumblepig

Hi all -I posted an early mix of this song a while back. Very happy to have it finally finished and in the real world. Here's the video we've made. Maybe this will appeal to a specific demographic, as it features members of XTC, The Soft Boys and Julian Cope's band - 80s-into-90s popsters with a touch of solid psych... but the song itself is pretty classic pop writing, far more "normal" than is typical from me. Hope you enjoy!

https://glidemagazine.com/294265/video-premiere-anton-barbeau-captures-bygone-era-of-music-with-infectious-pysch-pop-anthem-waiting-on-the-radio/

• Love 1

Sounds like I'm right in the demographic it's appealing to! 😄 

Love it. Heard it before and loved it then, and I still love it now. I really like the bass player. 

Sounds like you've added some new sounds in the 2nd verse? I like them. Oh the more the song plays the more new little tweaks I'm hearing. Really cool. 

Thanks for chiming in, David!

Bass player is Andy Metcalfe, one of my heroes. He played with Robyn Hitchcock for years. Such a melodic player. The keyboards in the second verse, meanwhile, are from Colin Moulding. He's known more as a bass player, ex-XTC. Colin's also singing harmonies here. Donald Ross Skinner on guitar... another 80s/90s guru for me. He was Julian Cope's producer/guitarist back when. A crazy line-up of players on this track - kinda freaks me out!

• Like 1