Trouble with new audio interface

Posting here because I'm a Logic user and have tried several things to get this going and am still coming up short. Support ticket with the manufacturer is pending, but who knows if/when that'll happen. So, maybe someone here has an idea?

Having trouble getting a new audio interface going with my Mac. Behringer X1832 USB. Everything is working fine into the PA but when I hook up USB it showed up on my Mac as "Audio Codec" and I couldn't use it as an audio interface. It doesn't detect input level, won't output anything, etc. This in contrast to several other audio interfaces that I've used that show up and work automatically. I don't see anything obvious in the manual, nor does Behringer's software downloads seem to have any kind of drivers for Mac. So I googled around and followed a couple of guides on working with the Audio Midi tool, and created an aggregate device such as this one https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000#ID

This process worked, I think, but it still doesn't detect my inputs or send any output audio. I'm used to plug-and-play but don't mind following steps, just don't really know what to try next. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it!

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately you can't think of this device as a proper audio interface you would use for recording multiple discreet channels.

The "USB audio interface" feature of this mixer looks like it's for:

1. Bringing in a stereo signal from a computer into the mix going on in the device 
  2. Sending a stereo signal of that mix to a DAW to record it or whatever

I was surprised to find that apparently with some of these Behringer mixers you can't do both simultaneously unless you create an aggregate device 

Unfortunately the manual does not go into those details, but if there's anything for you to do beyond having to create an aggregate device, it would probably have something to do with these buttons on the Mixer:

Screenshot2023-08-06at21_51_02.png.2a86d6ebd73c5370a4eff9d3035e9a47.png

On 8/5/2023 at 5:04 AM, alex1fly said:

when I hook up USB it showed up on my Mac as "Audio Codec"

Also make sure you select the aggregate device you created as input and output device in Logic's Audio > Devices settings

Good luck,

J.