this is what i want from AI...

i always regret not learning guitar (am an actual keyboard player). i finally took some guitar lessons early in the pandemic, but... what's a good word for 'disaster'? 🤣

so, i realized this morning what i want from A.I.

i'd like to play something on the keyboard, then have a plugin that can perfectly translate that to a guitar playing that part(ie with slides, intonation, characteristics of a real guitar); for that matter, would be great to be able to choose other instruments as well (ie a violin...); things that don't play well from a keyboard.

i did a simple guitar solo on a recent release (with amplesounds LG guitar), and everyone thinks it's real. but... to really get the nuances right; that would be great.

just a thought

10 minutes ago, fisherking said:

i always regret not learning guitar (am an actual keyboard player). i finally took some guitar lessons early in the pandemic, but... what's a good word for 'disaster'?

I went that way around, and it's really hard. I found the best way for me to make progress is to buy a guitar, stick it on a stand right next to you, and pick it up and play, every day. You just have to be open that you're going to suck for a very very long time, until all of a sudden, you realise you are starting to suck less, and things are clicking a bit more, and your fingers don't hurt so much.

10 minutes ago, fisherking said:

i'd like to play something on the keyboard, then have a plugin that can perfectly translate that to a guitar playing that part(ie with slides, intonation, characteristics of a real guitar); for that matter, would be great to be able to choose other instruments as well (ie a violin...); things that don't play well from a keyboard.

Yeah, that would be difficult, indeed...

I think AI has some potential in the area of playing characteristics generally. "Give me an 8 bar lead guitar solo over this... Ok, but less EVH, more Gilmour..." etc...

Edited by des99

5 hours ago, des99 said:

I went that way around, and it's really hard. I found the best way for me to make progress is to buy a guitar, stick it on a stand right next to you, and pick it up and play, every day. You just have to be open that you're going to suck for a very very long time, until all of a sudden, you realise you are starting to suck less, and things are clicking a bit more, and your fingers don't hurt so much.

Yeah, that would be difficult, indeed...

I think AI has some potential in the area of playing characteristics generally. "Give me an 8 bar lead guitar solo over this... Ok, but less EVH, more Gilmour..." etc...

i tried, with the guitar; took lessons, got a left-handed acoustic. just can't connect to it.

i think AI will be able to do this (take keyboard lines and make realistic guitar, violin, whatever sounds) in the very-near future.

either way, will approach all of it with care..