Is it possible to save a unique Channel Strip setting in my Project folder?

NAVASA

Is it possible to save a unique Channel Strip setting in my Project folder? I'll have a Channel Strip setting that I've tweaked for that particular instrument, but will lose it after I bounce the region and delete the track to save CPU. I know I can turn off the plug-ins and hide the track, but for me, this turns into a mess of hidden tracks. I also do not want to have a million tweaked Channel Strip settings in the saved settings folder. It would be so cool to be able to save the setting in that song's project folder, but unless I've missed something, the setting cannot be retrieved that way. Thoughts? Thx!!!

No, but you can just save it as a global channel strip (or Patch), with the name of the song, or maybe under a sub folder specifically created for that song, eg:

Channel Strip menu -> MyAwesomeSong -> Funky Bass

...which has the benefit of being able to be recalled in a different project in case you wanted to reuse, or modify that sound...

59 minutes ago, NAVASA said:

Is it possible to save a unique Channel Strip setting in my Project folder? I'll have a Channel Strip setting that I've tweaked for that particular instrument, but will lose it after I bounce the region and delete the track to save CPU.

Don't delete the track, just turn it off. Press Option-T to configure the track header, and select the On/Off buttons to turn off your tracks.