Save Summing Stack as a User Patch: Problem

johnnytucats

I'm trying to save a Summing Stack as a User Patch that I can recall in future projects and it doesn't seem to be working properly for me.

In the stack I have an single instrument track plus a 3-part multi-timbrel instrument. For the multi-timbral tracks, each has a "Key Limit" of one particular note. I save this summing stack in my User Patches.

The issue is that when I test the patch in a new project everything comes up as it should…except that the second and third multi-timbrel tracks forget their key limit.

Anyone know why this happens?

By the way…I'm able to save this Summing Stack as its own project and go through the steps of importing it into a new project with everything as it should be. I'm just wondering why the patch method isn't working as I'm thinking it should.

Logic Pro 10.7.9, macOS 13.5, M1 Mac Studio

Hi Johnny,

I can confirm this behavior (even in older versions of Logic Pro like 10.4.8 and 10.5).

It has been reported before:

Seems like a bug to me. Make sure you send feedback to the Logic Pro development team:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

At least you already have a workaround:

7 hours ago, johnnytucats said:

I'm able to save this Summing Stack as its own project and go through the steps of importing it into a new project with everything as it should be.

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1

Hi Johnny,

On 8/20/2023 at 7:44 PM, johnnytucats said:

The workaround (importing the summing stack as a project) has a different issue that I can't figure out. After importing, the audio for the instruments inside the stack aren't being routed through the sum channel.

I don't have that issue here? Did you forget to check the I/O boxes in the All Files browser when importing?

Screenshot2023-08-26at00_18_01.png.a86351268ebcce79fd4d34ab8a7a615b.png

J.

Edited by Jordi Torres
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, johnnytucats said:

My feeling now is that it's easier to load the User Patch and fix the Key Limit on the two tracks than it is to have to do all that checkbox stuff on a project import.

The checkbox stuff is easy to do if you know some key commands: Start by disabling (clicking) the Global tab if you don't need to import anything from there, then Select all rows with Command + A and use the Right Arrow key to check all boxes in one go:

ImportCheckBoxStuff.gif.cb20d27afa0c212c66e97f434e90ed06.gif

Ok, here I also did Shift + Up Arrow to deselect the Master's row, but still probably quicker than setting Key Limits.

J.

• Like 2