Can some recommend an Ai Music writing package please to use with Logic?

kerochan

I believe that's Dan's tongue in cheek way to suggest you don't use A.I. 

I'm personally not a big fan of using A.I. for composing so I could not recommend how to go about it. I've spent an evening with friends writing a song with Chat GPT, asking it to come up with a chord progression, lyrics, a melody, even a guitar solo. I thought that while sometimes funny, we would have spent a better evening had we picked up our instruments and just jammed as we usually do. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

I believe that's Dan's tongue in cheek way to suggest you don't use A.I. 

I'm personally not a big fan of using A.I. for composing so I could not recommend how to go about it. I've spent an evening with friends writing a song with Chat GPT, asking it to come up with a chord progression, lyrics, a melody, even a guitar solo. I thought that while sometimes funny, we would have spent a better evening had we picked up our instruments and just jammed as we usually do. 

Hi David

Thank you

Yep I guessed thats where Dan was coming from, but I checked doityourself.com anyways, and its an actual site!

I would like to give AI a go at least, I have almost finished an album and just wanna try AI for a couple of tracks.   so ChatGPT  is the package?   

AI is a tool, and there are many implementations of it. Chat GPT is a conversational tool: you tell it "give me a chord progression for an uptempo pop song with a reggae feel in the key of Bminor", and it will do that. 

Other examples include software that create a vocal track based on instructions, etc...

One could think of Logic's "Drummer" track as some kind of basic AI implementation. You're using the Drummer editor to give instructions to a virtual drummer who comes up with a pattern. 

• Like 1

AI Music Composition is still in its infancy. The Google Magenta tools take more input and editing time than the quality of what they produce warrants. 
   I was hoping to find an AI melody (MIDI) generator to use as a kind of ear-training device (select a scale/key, select minimum and maximum value of notes, amount of rests, amount of chromaticism etc.) and then have it play back ever longer melodic segments to mimic on your instrument. (Nothing currently available looked very promising). I was hoping someone who knows Java Script could program it into the MIDI Scripter plugin… any takers? 🙏🤑🤪

• Like 1