Choosing a Version of David's Book: ePUB or Kindle

I use the Apple Books and Kindle readers and I'm open to using a third reader.

Apple Books doesn't offer David's book, but Apple Books is natively an ePUB reader. As I understand it, publishers submit their books to Apple as ePUB files. I assume (correctly?) that it's a simple matter to install his book and that all of Apple Books's reading features will be available.

The Kindle uses a proprietary format, but now offers a method to convert ePUB books to Kindle format. Does anyone know whether all of the Kindle's features are available for a converted book?

With the NAHMANI discount code, it appears that the Peachpit Press ePUB version currently costs US$5 less than the Kindle version. Strictly from a cost perspective, it appears that people who use both Apple Books and Kindle should buy Peachpit's ePUB version. As a matter of curiosity, is there a reader that is better for books sold as ePUB than both Apple's and Amazon's readers?

Edited by Grimod

I wish I could answer all your questions but I'm not that knowledgeable in all electronic versions of my book. 

15 hours ago, Grimod said:

I assume (correctly?) that it's a simple matter to install his book and that all of Apple Books's reading features will be available.

That's correct, I have an ePub version of my book that I can read like any other ePub in Apple's Books app. 

• Like 1