Solo/Mute issue

johnnysror

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

As for your question, there is no goal. That's how we used to work for years, but somehow this happened. That's really annoying, and it's a serious "vibe killer."

I'm attaching here another link from Intel MacBook 2019. This time it's Logic 10.5.1. As you can see, there is no problem with that workflow.

• Like 1

Oh ok. The reason I was asking what your goal is, is that perhaps there is a way to achieve your goal using another technique. I noticed that even though clicking a Solo button disables the Mute buttons, they come back on when you disable their Solo button. 

It's hard to tell if it's a bug or intentional. I personally haven't found myself in a situation with multiple tracks both soloed and muted at the same time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Oh ok. The reason I was asking what your goal is, is that perhaps there is a way to achieve your goal using another technique. I noticed that even though clicking a Solo button disables the Mute buttons, they come back on when you disable their Solo button. 

It's hard to tell if it's a bug or intentional. I personally haven't found myself in a situation with multiple tracks both soloed and muted at the same time. 

I know why you asked that 🙂 of course, we found a way, but to work smoothly, we must figure out why that is happening with no reason or without settings change.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for your reply David.

If you cast your mind back to previous versions of Logic, do you vaguely remember a slash through the mute button - I'm pretty sure there used to be an option key to permanently mute a track..

To me having the solo button toggle/override the mute button seems to be a bit of a bug.

Muting individual clips isn't a long term solution or workaround.

Perhaps a feature request?

5 minutes ago, SettleTheScore said:

Perhaps a feature request?

Yes, why not!

5 minutes ago, SettleTheScore said:

If you cast your mind back to previous versions of Logic, do you vaguely remember a slash through the mute button - I'm pretty sure there used to be an option key to permanently mute a track..

I don't remember that, I know you can Control-click a Solo button which then takes a red slash indicating it's solo-safed (it cannot be muted when another track is soloed), but I can't remember the slash through a Mute button. I'm not saying that's never been the case, but I just ... can't remember.