Tuning individual notes in 'Sampler' when it's outputting its default sine tone.

blue-moves

Hey David et al.

I'm using 'Sampler' as a sine generator to double/support a bass guitar.
I've done it like this for years - all good, no complaints.
Today I've got a peculiar scenario and want to know something...
Can I tune just 1 note -25cents flat? (G2 in this case) - NOT the pitch class set (i.e. I DON'T want all Gs tuned, just G2.. so a 'Tuning' preset is out)

The bass in the track is a tad flat on the string which that note is played on - but I LIKE it in the track and I'm NOT going to tune the bass track because f*%@ the establishment, yeah?! 😄

Obviously I can just mult. the track and have only that note on an instance of 'Sampler' that's down-tuned -25 but where's the fun in that?! 😄 I want to do it the complicated way haha.

No worries if not poss. As I say, there is an easy way I can meet my need - just wondered if it's possible to individually tune the notes when 'Sampler' is playing its naked sine tone.

Thanks as always. x

I don't think it's possible within sampler..

I would copy the track, set the tuning on the copied track to fit what the G2 should sound like and then mute all G2 on the original track and mute all other notes on the copied track.

If you want to treat them all as one then you could create a summing track stack from the two tracks,  then you have one fader for both.

• Like 2

Sounds like you need to custom create your own Init sampler instrument, with each of the 128 MIDI notes sampled out from the default Sampler sine wave and looped, then reimported as individual zones, which you can pitch offset individually as necessary.

You did say you wanted to do it the complicated way... 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wonshu said:

I don't think it's possible within sampler..

I would copy the track, set the tuning on the copied track to fit what the G2 should sound like and then mute all G2 on the original track and mute all other notes on the copied track.

If you want to treat them all as one then you could create a summing track stack from the two tracks,  then you have one fader for both.

Thanks Wonshu, this is what I'll do. 👍

Des, 😂

cheers fellas!

25 minutes ago, des99 said:

Sounds like you need to custom create your own Init sampler instrument, with each of the 128 MIDI notes sampled out from the default Sampler sine wave and looped, then reimported as individual zones, which you can pitch offset individually as necessary.

You did say you wanted to do it the complicated way... 😉

Sounds like that could be achieved quite easy using the AutoSampler, so maybe not complicated enough ? 😄 

• Like 2