Bounce every region, but with Master buss processing

djsnake
Go to solution Solved by grubmanus,

Hey y'all.

I got hundreds of regions, each has their own track so both a Region or Track exporting tip would work for me.

I need to export all of them to wav files, but when I do that with CMD+E, the plugins on the master buss gets bypassed. I got some processing on the individual tracks, some bus routing and eventually some plugins on the master output.

How can i get these hundreds of regions/tracks exported to wav with one click, while not bypassing any plugin ?

Thanks.

• Solution

There's always multiple ways to do things of course, but one idea that might help is to essentially bounce your whole session as one long audio file, then automatically re-chop it and convert to new audio. Not 1 click, but it actually goes quick.

I would:

1) Bounce whole session, then re-import this audio file onto a track in its original position. Can use "Move Region To Recorded Position" to spot in place.

2) Now you want to create a track that has a copy of all the regions on ONE track. These will come in handy to auto-chop the long audio file. So to do this: create new track. Select all original tracks and option-drag down. This creates a copy of all tracks/regions. Make sure your new empty destination track is selected, then select all the new (copied) regions you just created, and choose "Move Selected Regions to Focused Track." You can delete the all the empty duplicate tracks now.

3) Now you can use what I like to call the "cookie cutter." Option drag the track with the big long audio file so there's 2 copies. The setup you want is simple, 3 tracks: first, 1 track with all the regions. Then, 2 tracks with the long audio. Most importantly: you must be in No Overlap mode. Now you can simply select all the regions from track 1, copy them down to track 2 and DELETE immediately. This creates an exact inverse of the chops you actually want. Now do the same thing:  grab all the regions on track 2 (the inverse chops), and move them down to track 3 and delete immediately. Your big long audio file should now be chopped to exactly match all original region lengths/positions.

4) Convert to new audio.

Hope that makes sense. In some simpler cases you could also just do track export and then use "selection based processing" to print the master bus plugs in a single separate step. But if you have other bus processing (and it sounds like you do), track export isn't adequate & I would try the above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grubmanus said:

There's always multiple ways to do things of course, but one idea that might help is to essentially bounce your whole session as one long audio file, then automatically re-chop it and convert to new audio. Not 1 click, but it actually goes quick.

I would:

1) Bounce whole session, then re-import this audio file onto a track in its original position. Can use "Move Region To Recorded Position" to spot in place.

2) Now you want to create a track that has a copy of all the regions on ONE track. These will come in handy to auto-chop the long audio file. So to do this: create new track. Select all original tracks and option-drag down. This creates a copy of all tracks/regions. Make sure your new empty destination track is selected, then select all the new (copied) regions you just created, and choose "Move Selected Regions to Focused Track." You can delete the all the empty duplicate tracks now.

3) Now you can use what I like to call the "cookie cutter." Option drag the track with the big long audio file so there's 2 copies. The setup you want is simple, 3 tracks: first, 1 track with all the regions. Then, 2 tracks with the long audio. Most importantly: you must be in No Overlap mode. Now you can simply select all the regions from track 1, copy them down to track 2 and DELETE immediately. This creates an exact inverse of the chops you actually want. Now do the same thing:  grab all the regions on track 2 (the inverse chops), and move them down to track 3 and delete immediately. Your big long audio file should now be chopped to exactly match all original region lengths/positions.

4) Convert to new audio.

Hope that makes sense. In some simpler cases you could also just do track export and then use "selection based processing" to print the master bus plugs in a single separate step. But if you have other bus processing (and it sounds like you do), track export isn't adequate & I would try the above.

Real magician tricks you've got over there. Thanks for the tips bro 🗣️🗣️