MainStage for live streaming

vincentzaalberg

Hi guys,

I am somewhat familiar with MainStage but I don't have it myself yet. I searched topics but came up empty.
So I have two basic questions about MainStage features before I buy.

1. Does MainStage allow for live streaming plugin processing with 3rd party plugins?
At the moment I'm using apps OBS to record live video's or streaming and Caster for live signal processing. But I'm not sure if MainStage can deliver the same way Caster does. https://gingeraudio.com/groundcontrol-caster/

2. Additionally I'd like to use a programmable guitar midi foot controller Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro to switch plugins on/off using either PC or CC messages. Unfortunately Caster cannot do that. Would that be possible with MainStage?

Thanks

I just ran a couple of tests with the Streamyard platform over Google Chrome to Facebook, with backing tracks playing in Logic Pro while singing and playing my main keyboard part live in MainStage and it worked great! 

My question is, is it possible to alter what I see on a MainStage Channel Strip like I can in Logic Pro? I don't need to see the EQ, MIDI FX, etc.

Screenshot2023-10-07at2_25_38PM.thumb.png.eb87daf2b6abb641a0ca7c65bad691a1.png

Edited by Ashermusic

9 hours ago, Ashermusic said:

I just ran a couple of tests with the Streamyard platform over Google Chrome to Facebook, with backing tracks playing in Logic Pro while singing and playing my main keyboard part live in MainStage and it worked great! 

My question is, is it possible to alter what I see on a MainStage Channel Strip like I can in Logic Pro? I don't need to see the EQ, MIDI FX, etc.

Screenshot2023-10-07at2_25_38PM.thumb.png.eb87daf2b6abb641a0ca7c65bad691a1.png

Hi Ashermusic,

you’re kind of highjacking my post here. Please simply copy yours to a new subject and delete this comment to keep topics separate.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, vincentzaalberg said:

Okay well than maybe you can clarify. 
I bought Mainstage. How do you route your live Mainstage signal into the streaming app? I can’t get OBS to record the signal you see. 

It's easy. You set MainStage to use your audio interface, the same way you would Logic Pro. Open Google Chrome and go to Streamyard.com and create can account. Once you are signed up, (and it's free f0r basics) log in and tell it whether you want to Live Stream, Record, or do an On Air Webinar Once you choose one, maybe name it test, you will see settings for your audio and video devices, just like Zoom, or any other.

it's way less complicated than OBS.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vincentzaalberg said:

About your issue. In Logic you have the option to somewhat change the mixer lay-out by right clicking on a channel and selecting Channel Strip Components. You can check the parts you would like to view in the mixer. 

@Ashermusic's question was if it's possible to customize channel strips in MainStage. 

I no longer use MainStage so unfortunately I can't answer the question myself.