Logic Pro Essential Sounds

Rosie

Hello, I'm struggling to download the essential sounds library. I have just purchased the newest version of Logic but it won't let me download the new sounds. the KB don't even move from zero. I've tried with a different internet connection and have 173GB of storage left on my computer. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Hello, I'm struggling to download the essential sounds library. I have just purchased the newest version of Logic but it won't let me download the new sounds. the KB don't even move from zero. I've tried with a different internet connection and have 173GB of storage left on my computer. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

More on what you mean when you say it won’t let you download new sounds? Is it greyed out? Does it appear to start but never progresses? Screenshot maybe?

Thanks!

Assuming you are on a wireless network, could you please try turning the wi-fi on your computer off and then back on? Just toggle the on/off switch and see if the download doesn’t pick up?

If that doesn’t seem to work.  Open the Sound Library.
Logic Pro -> Sound Library -> Open Sound Library Manager

From there you should be able to see what sounds you already have and which ones aren’t installed. Try selecting a sound set other than the Essential Sound Library from there that isn’t installed and see if when you select it and click install if the download speed is the same or better.

You have more than enough storage area so that’s not a problem. But if you’d like, you could relocate the download to a different drive via the Sound Library Manager if you wanted to.

But your download speed is a bit lower than average. It’s not a hard set rule but generally being closer to 100 Mbps would be considered better for reasonably fast downloads of large content. The Essential Sounds Library is considerably large and would take considerable time to download even with a good 100 Mbps connection.

From the screenshot it appears there may be a problem trying to connect to the download server as well which doesn’t help.

Here’s a few things you could try:

• Restart your computer if you haven’t already and see if that helps. A restart will reset your internet connection and sometimes that will help.
  • The time of day can affect the download speed b/c more folks attempting to download at a particular time can decrease the bandwidth on the servers and that can result sometimes in what you’re seeing. It’s happened to me as well. So try downloading at different times of the day.

Rest assured you will be able to acquire the sounds once your system can actually connect to the server. You will likely have to try at different times though.

Edited by Maestro777

Ok, keep us updated on the progress. And when you said you’ve tried for a week, has it always been around the same time of day or have you tried different times? Sometimes the later hours of the evening seem to work for me. Meaning closer to midnight b/c that’s the time that most folks aren’t going to be attempting to download.

And yes, a faster connection speed would definitely be great.

17 minutes ago, Rosie said:

yes having been trying at different times. It's strange because with the earlier version of Logic i didn't have this problem when i needed to download the instruments. Only with the update. Strange. I'll let you know

I can appreciate how frustrating that must be. At first sight it looks to me that you have enough storage space available and that your connection should be fast enough to download the essential content. 

Have you tried to contact Apple tech support, and ask them for help?