Logic Pro Audio Cutting Out While Recording

Manicoti

I am currently using a  focusrite Scarlett 18i20 connected to a Behringer ada 8200 into a 2020 MacBook Pro with the latest Sonoma os. The focusrite software is also up to date. (Note this occurred before I updated my OS to Sonoma. I updated to Sonoma hoping it would fix the issue)

a few months ago while recording drums, the audio on my headphones plugged into the Scarlett would cut out. The Logic Pro session still indicated signal and if I continued to play, it recorded it. I just couldn’t hear anything until I listened back on my studio speakers. 

I would have to reset the focusrite by turning it off back and on and then it would work again for awhile. Now it’s happening much more often and sometimes won’t work for more than 5-10 seconds. 

When I record, i have the audio output in logic, set to Scarlett. When I listen back via my studio speakers, I’ll select that for the output. I never have issues listening back. Only while the output is set to Scarlett and I’m recording. 

I’ve tried everything focusrite has suggested to no avail. Now I’m wondering if it’s got more to do with the logic software. 

Anyone else experience this and have suggestions?

thanks!

mark