Logic can play live, but no playback

emanuel_froes

Does any one know this?

Happens only in few tracks that worked well before.  Restart did not help. Also I saved the patch and verified the same problem in another empty project.  

It plays only the start of the note and that´s all! 

I discovered it happens also with Opus the same, but also Surge synth.   So it looks like an issue with the external drive!  But many other tracks are working. 

Edited by emanuel_froes

• emanuel_froes changed the title to Logic can play live, but no playback

it is exactly this: 

I updated, deleted preference files etc. With and without rosetta happens this.  It happens also with built in instruments, or new track. 

But not in the previous tracks! part of the music i can play! crazy

I tried later in a new project, after running first aid on disk, and it worked.   Maybe because this time i loaded the patch totally new into Kontakt. Before this i used the patch saved as Logic patch, so problably this has to do with a corrupt project file, that somehow affects the saved patch as well, even if used in a new project. 

Edited by emanuel_froes

I opened new project, just one new and "virgin" track. I pasted the channel strip settings of the problematic track of the other project into this one. Then it worked . 

But then when i past all the regions of the damaged project into the new one, it creates tracks again, but fails again to perform. This time it fails with tracks that were working before in the damaged project! 

Waiting for any solution for this, that keeps me from   believing in a Halloween curse...

Edited by emanuel_froes

I found the most recent project that was playing correctly, and saved it as template substituting the bugged template. Then the problem came back. This means, there is really no way with that corrupted file anymore! I would really like to understand what happens here, since this created a huge problem.

If it’s a huge problem how about telling us what you setup is eg computer, OS, Logic version?

These facts can help us help you.

I know OPUS is working fine on a M1US running Sonoma Beta 3.Cannot help with whatever Surge is.

You mention an external drive, what format and how is it connected? Can you try the project on another Mac?

• 2 weeks later...