Logic seems to default to steps rather than lines / blends in MIDI cc lane?

jimbobbley

Hi all

I never used to have this issue so I don't know if something has changed in the latest version (which I'm on), but whenever I try to draw automation in the automation lane for MIDI ccs (see attached image) instead of adding a node and allowing you to drag / move that as you would with a volume node in the main arrange window (and have the line interpolated for you as you do), now it just adds a square step-style jump which can't be amended to be a line between two points, it's always just a hard jump between values.

The only way I can find around this is to hand draw the automation holding alt and command - that's a bit imprecise though and makes it harder to move the whole thing as a block.

Am I going mad? I swear it didn't use to default to this behaviour but I can't find an option of where to change default shapes.

Thanks

John

Screenshot2023-10-13at15_34_57.png.78fb91274e9797ba082d44eee068c01c.pngit

Edited by jimbobbley

I'm getting it on parameters I never used to get it for - this is portamento (cc 5) but it never used to behave that way for cc5, I could draw it however I wanted it to. It does work as (I) intended for cc 74 though for example yes.. odd that it's changed between versions though.